Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Such is the life of an Interior Design Student

This past weekend I received an awesome opportunity to attend an all day Interior Design Conference in Sun Valley, Idaho. It is was a very long day but I was able to meet professionals and visit other students from the Intermoutain ASID chapters. It was fun to see what the other school are teaching their students and what their projects are looking like. We had a mini competition with the Junior and Senior Projects. Our school came out on top with one person winning third and the other first.


On Monday, a representative of the Stark Carpets, the people who design and make the carpets for the church buildings, schools and temples, came and taught us about their products. It was very interesting to hear about innovative technique of making rugs and carpets and their new technology in painted murals that you can stick on the wall like wallpaper and then modify it to your hearts desire.

I am so tired and I will not be able to get an rest until Thursday when all my projects are turned in and I don't have to worry about them until Wednesday of next week. I am speeding very quickly towards it and hopefully will find sometime in their to organize my room and life. Because that is all going out the window because I am trying to keep up on the work and stay awake. BUT I WILL MAKE IT!

One of the things I decided to do to make my life more enjoyable was I made the building that I have my classes in and work until one in, a facebook profile page and put us in a relationship status but truthfully we should be engaged by now we spend so much time together. :)


0 comments: